Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Juice is Loose in the Juicer!

I'm not one of those people who insist that everyone should spare the time to organically farm all your own vegetables or to never buy a supermarket loaf. The modern world is fast and busy; horses were replaced by cars and letters were swapped with e-mails because, in this day and age, they simply aren't fast enough.

But just as the horse turned into an equestrian past-time and letters transformed into romantic devices, the arts of producing basic foods from scratch is something I think anyone can enjoy. One of my favourite things to do is to slice, dice and blitz my own juice drinks.

Here are the ingredients I used for my juice drink
Along with kneading bread and murdering sci-fi creatures in video games there is something wonderfully cathartic about preparing and creating your own juice. Perfectly peeling the oranges, scooping soft kiwi flesh from the skin, plucking each individual grape from the bunch, all to create a signature beverage that is unobtainable anywhere else other than your kitchen.

Maybe I'll add lemon and lime for extra tartness? Mango to make it lusciously thick? Carrots to give it a beautifully deep, glossy colour? You become an alchemist, experimenting with various extracts of fruit and vegetable to synthesis the perfect balance of texture, flavour and nutritional content

Tart and vibrantly orange. Also how I like my women.
I urge you to give it a try yourself; you can get juicers relatively cheap and the flavours you can accomplish with this humble device are astonishing. If you're looking to add more healthy items to your life, or simply trying to get the ultimate fruity essence for a cocktail, a juicer is the way to go.

Okay, you got me. I only got the juicer so I can have fresh peach juice for Bellinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment