Thursday 28 August 2014

Kickstarter? I hardly knew her!

With the recent news that the Coolest Cooler has broken the Kickstarter record for the most amount of money garnered I thought it might be a good idea to list some of my favourite food related Kickstarter projects that I have seen on this famous crowd-funding website.

Fowl Scratchings

Unfortunately, it seems as though the inventor of Fowl Scratchings didn't reach their target, but that doesn't mean their idea is any less golden. The concept is simple; pig skin is to crackling as chicken skin is to Fowl Scratchings and I think the product sounds great. Though it seems I shan't get to try one any time soon the notion that I can have deliciously fried chicken skins in ready-made foil packets, that I can scarf down with reckless abandon, is something I can't wait to try.

Craft Marshmallows

Marshmallows aren't anything new as I'm sure we all enjoy one of those gooey, sweet balls of fluff from time to time. But have you ever found the flavour selection a bit lacking? That's where Craft Marshmallows comes in with a menagerie of new takes on the old favourite. Chocolate, peppermint and raspberry sound solid but what about purple yam with honey and white pepper? As of this moment the project is still running, so if you're interested go and offer some support.

DIY Gin & Tonic Kit

For anyone who has experienced the bitter quinine of supermarket tonic water, this kit may be a godsend. With the ability to add your own flavours and essences the next G&T you make can be that much more special. It's already been funded so it's soon to come out for sale.

Do you know what the best part of all this is? I found out that within the section labelled food on Kickstarter there is a further subdivision: Bacon.

God bless the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment