Monday 13 October 2014

A Hearty Swig of Gulp! Milkshake

Apparently Gulp! Milkshake (that's the one and only time I type the exclamation mark) has been around for a while, but I got my first try after spotting it in a local superstore. They were knocked down from £1.25 to 50p as part of a promotion and so, never one to say no to 60% reduced cow juice, I snagged myself a bottle or two.

Why does the colour blue mean vanilla?
The picture doesn't show it but this stuff is thick. Real thick. Double cream thick The vanilla flavour coats your mouth in that distinctive aroma and leaves your tongue like a blanket of cream has just been cast over it. I also tried the banana flavour and was greeted with similar results, albeit both flavours started to get  a bit heavy after a while like that extra spoonful of suet pudding.

Overall? I liked it a lot. But I wonder if my opinion would change if I wasn't giving up 50p for yet another milkshake brand and instead handing over £1.25. That's not awful, but is it worth it on a regular basis? I'd have to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment